This article will give you an overview of domain transfer procedure.
Before initiating the domain transfer request one has to make sure that-
- The domain must be 60 days old
- The domain must be unlocked. If you need assistance unlocking your domain, contact the domain’s current registrar.
- The domain Privacy Protection /Whois Protection must be disabled . If you need assistance , contact the domain’s current registrar.
- The domain must not be deleted
- The domain must be in OK or ACTIVE status
Following are the steps to transfer a domain:
- First you need to get an EPP [Extensible Provisioning Protocol] code from loosing registrar
- After getting EPP code go to the below URL:http://www.hostmight.com/member/cart.php?a=add&domain=transfer
- One verification e-mail with transfer approval link will be send at the registered email address. The registrant has to click on that link and approve the domain transfer request
- After that the domain will be transferred within 4 to 5 business days
Domain transfer can be failed due to the following reasons-
- An invalid/Incorrect authorization code i.e. EPP code
- An expired domain
- An invalid administrative contact email
- The domain is locked at current registrar
- The domain is not 60 days old
- An administrative contact of the domain did not respond to the verification e-mail
- The transfer has been rejected by losing registrar